Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 11 - Energized, Mindset Different, Make a CHANGE




Day 11 

WOW can you believe that it has seriously already been 11 days and my family and I have been sooo good! Our household is totally refreshed.  What I mean by that is when we started we did a MAJOR purge of our kitchen … We cleaned out the fridge, freezer, and pantries – there is NOTHING processed in our homes, NO white Flour, NO White SUGAR, we donated all of our bags of white pasta, pancake mixes, zoodles, kraft dinner … I think you get the point. 

We have changed the way we shop for food and are only buying for a week at a time – this way there is no food going to waste and we are cooking from fresh foods all the time. 

I decided to write to you all today because I am amazed at how much energy I have … I mean normally when I am sitting around on the couch after the kids go to bed NOW I am up in the kitchen preparing lunches, baking “clean” snacks and breakfasts and taking the meat out of the freezer for dinner.  I am in the middle of making a DVD for the kitchen which will be available soon and will make cooking so much easier and not have so much paper waste!!!!!

Our family’s mindset has changed and I really couldn’t be happier about it – we are ALL so much more positive and that just makes the home so healthy and relaxing to be in! We are not complaining about what we don’t have and what we want – it’s more now we are so happy to have each other and the things that we do have we feel blessed to have!

We are all feeling so much better, I have not had a headache in 10 days !!!! YAY I know J  Brad is working better at work as he is not thinking about food all day as he is now actually eating properly.  The kids do not have “Crashes” or tempers out of no-where or start crying because I say TV time is over.

I challenge people to be happy – you make the lifestyle you live in … YOU allow the negativity into your homes and the selfish behavour .. and SERIOUSLY if you want change let it start with you – show a good example and stick to it!

We have basic cable again (As we switch back every summer) my kids are young .. BUT only allowed to be inside for 2 hours a day and the rest is to be playing or working with me J

Here is a question – how many of you have kids – OLDER kids – and they run your household as if it was theirs ??? TAKE BACK your home and set some rules .. Teenagers have NO REASON to be home all day playing games all summer or sitting in front of the TV – they should be out working or volunteering .. stop making excuses for them and for yourselves .. take the *shit* away and make them live a healthier lifestyle!!!

Cheers to being healthy and living HAPPY J We are the only ones that can hold ourselves back!!! 

No comments:

Training Widget