Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A run in the right direction

Back in 2005 I joined a GREAT running group in Grimsby! I loved waking up early and meeting up with the group to go for a run.  I only ended up doing one session ( which was about 4 weeks long) and then didn't get back into it.

As you are all aware I am in the middle of this 30-day challenge ... A challenge that has changed my family for the good. We are all so much more healthy and we have made a lifetime commitment to push out the bad and keep the good. I was recently inspired by a fellow challenger who decided that she would add running to her challenge to enhance her weight loss and I figured seriously I use to love to run ... so I am going to give it a try and get back into it too!

So last night it is 8 oclock the sun slowly setting the weather warm and the wind a slight breeze - really I couldn't have asked for a better start date.  Tie my laces up and hit the pavement - I walked briskly for the first few mins. Really to the top of my street and 1/2 way down riverside only ... I know I should have warmed up a bit more but I was pretty excited to get started.

I am off - slowly jogging down the rest of Riverside rd, and I start up Lincoln St - I ended up making it pass the police station and just pass the variety store when I decided OKAY walk ... I walked for about 2 mins and decided to run to the lights at Prince Charles - phew am I ever glad its a red light! I walk across the street and just to the driveway of the old Timmys and decide okay lets go - I get about umm lets say 7 strides in and omgosh I feel like I am going to puke ...lol SOOO okay lets walk a bit more and get heart rate down I reach the top of the hill on Prince Charles and decide lets go .. I ran down the hill and turn onto Broadway I made it to the 1st street past the animal hospital and back to walking only pass a group of teenagers and to the next side street and then I decided that I was going to run because I REALLY didn't want to walk past the bars .. sooo I am running I make it to the last side street at the end of the road and decide to walk around the corner back on to Riverside and walk to the bend in road sign then I would run the rest of the way home ... the last part of my run was the longest ... I even had to say out loud - OOOH there is the house - dont stop Ashley - GO GO GO to motivate myself ..lol

I MADE IT

The total distance is about 4.36km and I did it in a very slow 47 mins - I figure its a great starting point and on Wednesday I will try to increase my time - I am not going to make a goal time as long as I make it under 47mins I will be happy! 

AND ... I need to get some music with me and I am bringing Izzy girl with me for now on :) 

Here is a map of my run ... 

1 comment:

Red said...

Oh, HOORAY!! GOOD FOR YOU!!

I'm like, busting my buttons with pride for you gals. hahaha

Keep up the GREAT WORK!

Training Widget